Wednesday 23 December 2009

It's a gingerbread chalet

Breanna wanted to make a gingerbread house like the ones she used to make with Grandma. I decided not to take the easy way out and buy a kit. I might rethink that decision next year. I decided we were making one from scratch. The recipe and directions I found on the Canadian Living website and we started baking. Starting from scratch is not for the impatient among us. Breanna was very annoyed that the dough had to be refrigerated for so long and so often, before rolling out and after rolling out and before baking...
I cut out the big chalet pieces and put them in the oven, while Breanna and a friend cut out all the accessories.

By the time we were finished baking all the pieces it was late. And I had my cookie exchange that evening with my girlfriends. So while we where drinking our Bailey lattes and chatting, Breanna put it all together by herself. It turned out awesome!

Those are skiis and a snowboard leaning up against the front of the chalet. At the back she has a whole forest of decorated trees with beers skulking around amongst them.

No comments: