Thursday 28 January 2010

Tag, You're It.

I've been hanging out at 2Peas lately.  Checking out all the challenges in the forums.  I started this one for the January Scraplift challenge.  It began life as a scraplift of this layout, but I couldn't keep it this clean and be satisfied with it.  So it evolved.
And then I stumbled across the 52 more scrapbooking challenges #3 thread  ~ to sew on photos within a layout ~ and the ScrapJacked site that had the sewing but with a twist.  I love the way the sewing meanders across Caroline Rondel's layout. I saw her twisty turny stitching and it all came together.  Love it when that happens.
My sewing machine has been sitting on my dining room table since I did a little mending a couple weeks ago.  Yes, Rick has complained about it a few times, but it was still there.  So I threaded it with red and stitched my butterfly flight paths.  I really like how it turned out!

Photos are from this summer when my brother and his family came up for a visit.  We took them to the WAC Bennett Dam for a tour.  It's a couple hours drive so the kids needed to get rid of some excess energy before the long drive home. 


The patterned papers are all Quick Quotes.  The background was too pink for me so I brushed some paint on and then swiped my black ink pad around the edges.   The title is some chipboard I got at CKC in really wierd colours and patterns ~ I bet Mum's is still untouched.  I covered them with some of the Quick Quotes paper.
Lots of Prima flowers and jewels.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love how many pictures you were able to use with this layout!! Fantastic!!

Marlene said...

Beautiful layout. I always envy those who can make a two page spread look so easy. I genuinely have trouble with those!

Tracy said...

Love your layout.

I love that you sewed the butterfly trails.
I have only sewed on one layout. I just can't get the hang of it. Even though I do sew. LOL

Jill said...

Very pretty! I liked the paint you brushed onto the pink background!