Sunday 17 January 2010

Blue skies

I just upgraded my blogger account so I'm not sure how this post will turn out.  Hopefully it's 'better'.

Mum sent a packet of photos home with Duncan after his fortnight down in Victoria visiting.  I've been slowly working through the photos getting them scrapped.  This is the last layout I will do with them.  It's a group of random photos that shows all the fun he has while down there.I was checking out Maya Roads 'sneaks' yesterday.  They have come up with these adorable mini chipboard pendants. I coudn't wait for them to get to the store shelves so I made my own using two different patterned papers. We're having a winter blues crop over at scrapcentral.ca and I did the pendants for the 'stuck' challenge.  I pulled a pair of scallop scissors out of retirement to edge the bottom layer. The papers and stickers are all Bo Bunny.
Did you notice how the photo mats are cut to look like polaroids.  I decided that would give me enough room to label each photo with who, what and where.
This was a scraplift challenge from Two Peas.  I scaplifted this layout... kshenkar. I loved the dark background and you know I like two pagers.
The journaling reads:
"Ever summer, since he was 10 years old,
Duncan has flown down
to Victoria, by himself, to visit
Grandma and Grandad.
He is 14 yrs old in 2009.


3 comments:

Tracy said...

Nice layout.

I have been to Victoria, beautiful. Well actually everywhere in BC is beautiful.

We took a family road trip for 2 weeks there. The mountains are breath taking.

Robyn Schaub said...

Love the "faux" chipboard pendant banner. Looks every bit as cute as the MR version!

Theresa said...

Great layout and way to go you for making your own pendants.