Tuesday 10 August 2010

Playing hookie and a 2 page layout

It was so gorgeous today. Too nice to be sitting in an office ~ even if it does have a window. So when Rick phoned me at work to say he was gasing up the boat I said 'what for me!' I took the afternoon off and then went back and said I was taking the rest of the week for vacation time. Yippee.  5 days off!
We went up the river with Duncan and a friend of his.  It was hot and sunny and oh, so much more pleasant than sitting in a cubicle in front of a computer. We saw 8 bears.  Yes, you read that right; EIGHT.  I've never seen more than two in one day so that was amazing.  They were everywhere.  Three of them we saw in the middle of the afternoon as we were heading upriver. One was trying to swim across when we came along.  Duncan's friend got this photo as we were going by.

And here's another layout I finished last weekend.  Daniel took the photos of me during Paddle for the Peace last month. That's Rick coming up behind me in the river boat.  He thinks it's soooo funny to get people wet :( 
Breanna and her friend were sitting on the bow enjoying the ride.

The patterned papers are all MME which is Unforgettable Memories feature manufacturer this month.

2 comments:

BonnieK said...

Sounds like an awesome way to play hookie, although I would have been scared to see that many bears! yikes! Cool pic though.

Bobbi-Lynn said...

That sounds pretty scary! Great pictures!