Sunday 15 August 2010

Camping and a layout

Thursday afternoon we packed up and went camping in the rain.  Of course, by the time we found our campsite on an island halfway between Lynx Creek and the Halfway the sun had come out.  It is never miserable on the river.  It was almost 7pm by the time we got camp set up so we had some dinner, sat around the campfire for a while and then headed to bed when it got dark just after 10.
The next morning Rick boated me back to his truck.  We had forgotten Tikanii's pills :(  Rick was going to be back at the boat launch at 1pm to pick up me and Dunc's friends' parents who were going to bring dinner out for us and spend some time boating/fishing with the boys.  So I had a few hours to fill once I'd put together the list of forgotten items.  I managed to scrap a page of Paddle for the Peace last month.  I used this months Prima sketch though the papers are Bella Blvd.

While I was enjoying some quiet time the boys and Rick were fishing.  They caught a HUGE bull trout and took a picture before throwing it back. The boys were pretty excited.

We camped out Friday night and came home late Saturday evening.  I love being on the river, but it's sure nice to be clean and in my own bed at night. 

No comments: