Sunday 2 March 2008

My weekend.

I love 'stay at home' weekends. The weather was horrible so I had a good excuse to spend the last two days in my sweats and fuzzy socks. On Friday when I drove to Dawson Creek with Daniel for a dentist appt. it was so warm it was raining out. But that turned to snow. Lots of snow. We woke up the next morning to a few centimetres ~ deep snow where the wind had drifted it. And the temp had dropped to -36 with the wind chill. It was -20 something this morning. We've been watching the thermometer go up all day. It's supposed to be above 0 again tomorrow. It will be one big sloppy mess :(
Rick was busy working on our new laminate floors downstairs. He's almost finished the rumpus room. It looks awesome. He picked a dark wood laminate. Once it's done we'll go furniture shopping and get some comfy couches for relaxing on in front of the tv. We're thinking leather. And one has to be a pull out, sleeping couch for guests.
I did my compulsory house cleaning and then hid out in my scraproom. Scrap Central had their monthly online crop going, so I worked on a couple pages. And I got a few Easter cards done. And I got three packages ready to go in the mail. Mum & Dad ~ your anniversary present is finally on it's way. A couple months late. Oops.
The kids were outside helping Rick shovel snow. They cleared off their skating rink so I hope it doesn't snow again tonight.
I'm still working full time. It looks like it could go till the end of March now. I'm pretty sure I'll be back to part time then, thank-goodness. So I better sign off and head to bed...

No comments: