Sunday 24 October 2010

Busy, busy, busy

We've been busy around here.  Breanna and  I made a wreath the same night she made her SPA banner.
The base is cut from a shoe box and wrapped in Halloween patterned paper. 
I glued some orange chipboard letters together to make SPOOKY and tied it to the frame.
We punched loads of scalloped circles out of black vellum; 15 sheets of vellum worth.  Each of the circles was folded around the eraser end of a pencil and glue gunned in place.
I added a My Little Yellow Bicycle title in the lower right corner.
It is hanging by my front door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've also been knitting while watching all the new shows on TV.  I finished another baby hat.  The pattern is a free one I found through Ravelry.  I made it for a coworker.

The yarn is a variegated bulky yarn. It's really a quick pattern.  Like a one show pattern.  I did have to learn how to do Kitchener stitch to sew the ends together.  I guess I didn't HAVE to; I could have just sewn it together like I normally do, but it's good to learn new things and next time it will go just as fast as whip stitching it together, but it will look better.
Here it is on Breanna's teddy.

No comments: