Sunday 13 October 2013

Once Upon a Sketch challenge

I managed to stretch the sketch at Once Upon a Sketch into a two pager to accommodate these pictures of my MILs garden.  The background started off as a blank slate. Two pieces of white cardstock.  I spritzed with purple mist and then a little red and then splashed some green ink across the layout.  The edges are rubbed with blue and purple ink and stamped with a Kaiser texture stamp.
 
 

Once I was happy with my background I layered scraps of patterned paper and lace using the sketch. 

Loved this sketch! And loved checking out the Once Upon a Sketch blog to see what everyone else is doing with it.

Heather

8 comments:

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What gorgeous flowers!! Love how you spread out the sketch over two pages. Your mother-in-law has such a wonderful touch with her flowers! Thanks for joining us for the October Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge! I hope you’ll stop by our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page to share your layout there. ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Val-Belle said...

You have created a beautiful backdrop for those beautiful flowers. Love how you stretched the sketch across two pages. Just lovely. Thank you for playing along with us at OUAS this month. :D

langeatheart said...

I love this! I love that it's two pages and I love those flowers! I am an avid gardener and love to see other people's gardens. You brought the pictures out beautifully with the red along the bottom! Please join me sometime. I have a giveaway on for Oct. (Pay it Forward) and would love a new friend! All the best! :)
http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

When a great idea to stretch th sketch to a two pager! great misting and use of embellies to emphasize the theme on your layout.
Thank you for joining us at OUAS in october :-)

Chantalle said...

What a great double! So glad you enjoyed this month's sketch. Thanks for joining us at OUAS :)

Eila Sandberg said...

Gosh! a double-pager! what a gorgeous garden your MIL has and you have showcased it just beautifully. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at OUAS!

Svetlana Austin said...

love how you turned the sketch into a double pager! great work! so colorful and artsy!
thank you for joining us at OUAS!

Unknown said...

Oh it's such a lovely change to see a double page spread. This is a really clever way of using the sketch - very impressive. Thanks so much for joining us this month, hope to see you again xx