Sunday 1 March 2009

I've been working on some fun pages. One for ScrapMap over at ScrapCentral.ca
We had to use a 'historical' pic. I'm so old I'm sure my Candy Striper Capping Ceremony counts as 'historical'. My highschool BF talked me in to signing up with her. It was really a great experience. Though it didn't make me want to be a nurse. I wonder if Susan still has her cats eye glasses stashed away somewhere. I loved them. Check out my 'owl eyes'. LOL. Funny how fashions come and go.

On the same page in my old magnetic photo album I found these photos of us building our Panabode home on Paradise Lane, Charlie Lake. It was 1980 and I was 17. We wore tool belts just like real builders wore and spent the summer hammering down those numbered logs; just like putting a jigsaw puzzle together. I'm in the top photo, daringly walking the center beam of our new home before we put the roof on. Kim is walking an even thinner beam of a side wall, while Mum is sitting behind watching her children risk life and limb to put a roof over their heads. (Rick is absolutely appalled that you would allow us up there, Mum; though I suspect it was really Dad who had us scampering along doing death defying feats in order to get a good photo) But all ends well as can be seen in the bottom photo where everyone is beaming happily. Mum, your grin looks almost like hysterical relief. I did this layout for a '5 product/5 scrappers' challenge. The 5 products were 1. Chipboard dragonfly, 2. Fancy Pants transparency, 3. red check ribbon, 4. red foil hearts, and 5. Tim Holtz acrylic tiles.

No comments: