Tuesday 24 February 2009

of dishwashing duty

So I finally have my boys in a dish washing routine. Daniel does dishes one week and Duncan does it the next. I was thinking of having them do as we did growing up, with each of us taking a job in the kitchen each evening. There was four of us so Mum had us 1. washing, 2. drying, 3. clearing the table, and 4. sweeping the floor. Having my three kids in the kitchen trying to work around each other sounded like a recipe for disaster, not to mention I've always been a big believer in air drying. I read somewhere, once, that dish clothes have been found to be the dirtiest household items (in terms of quantity of germs). Haven't dried a dish since.

Having someone else take over the dishwashing chore means I have more time to scrap. Even if I have to do the pots and pans left to 'soak' and wipe everything down, after the boys have finished.
Here's a layout I just finished for Unforgettable Memories.

I love how this following layout turned out. And it took about 5 minutes to put together. I used a Basic Grey chipboard piece that I had popped the snowflake out of and 'Frosty' Glimmer Mist for my background. Some scraps of SEI patterned papers left over from the layouts I've been working on this past week. I'm loving the lacy diecut from my Revolution; have used it on a half dozen layouts in the last couple of months. The chipboard circles, tag and ribbon are all SEI. I used some Kaiser pearls to embellish the chipboard.

No comments: